Can you fix set a parameter

Started by bonanote, Sep 15, 2022, 09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bonanote

Paul, I am wondering if there is a way of setting one parameter to a fixed value when changing presets. For instance I need to raise by one or two octaves most of the factory patches , but as I navigate through them I find myself having to adjust one by one. It would be great if there is a way of setting some global parameter do that they do not change when one switched the presets. Thanks ( incidentally, excellent presets you have include, congratulations!!!h)

PDFX

thanks!
the idea is to save the patches to a user preset, so you only need to change them once.
1) clicking on the patchname below  brings you to the patch manager
2) click "save as..". Now you can save the factory patch into a userpreset.
You can see 2 preset tabs, FACTORY and USER.  So you can pick up a factory preset and gather the m in your user area, with everything you like to change saved along.

bonanote

Quote from: Paul Driessen on Sep 15, 2022, 09:25 PMthanks!
the idea is to save the patches to a user preset, so you only need to change them once.
1) clicking on the patchname below  brings you to the patch manager
2) click "save as..". Now you can save the factory patch into a userpreset.
You can see 2 preset tabs, FACTORY and USER.  So you can pick up a factory preset and gather the m in your user area, with everything you like to change saved along.

Thanks, yes that is how I started doing it but it got very lengthy, so now I am just using an external pitch  shifting plugin.

PDFX

SG does not feature master/override settings: you can however allways override everything with host automation.
this means that the host (e.g. AUM) can set the Pitch and Octave parameters (as well as all other parameters..)
inside SG, the logic is based on presets, analog to normal guitar multifx pedals.

bonanote

Quote from: Paul Driessen on Sep 16, 2022, 12:16 PMSG does not feature master/override settings: you can however allways override everything with host automation.
this means that the host (e.g. AUM) can set the Pitch and Octave parameters (as well as all other parameters..)
inside SG, the logic is based on presets, analog to normal guitar multifx pedals.

I am going to try it out, sounds like  that is just what I needed. Thanks !