Any help in downloading the PD Space Guitar

?
0 (0%)
?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Graeme H

Dear Folks,

I recently purchased the 'PD Space Guitar' VST3 plugin - after being most impressed by its sound on website advertisements. I have not been able to get it going inside my Cubase 11 DAW, however, and it is on this matter that I am now seeking your assistance.

I downloaded the Zip folder and copied the extracted PD Space Guitar folder into the C:\Progam Files \ Common Files\VST3 directory.  Inside Cubase 11, I went through the usual specifications to tell Cubase which directory (folder) the new plugin was to be found. (I have several dozen plugins which have been successfully been uploaded into Cubase over the past few years.)  On this occasion, though, I could not get Cubase to 'activate' the plugin, however. Inside the Cubase 'studio' tab\VST Plugin Manager window, it was clear that the Plugin effect was located inside the computer and I confirmed the plugin directory, but it was not available as an effect choice. That is, Cubase did not seem to recognise it as a valid effects plugin.

I repeated the process and downloaded it again from scratch. Again, when I looked inside the Cubase 'studio' window, and clicked on 'Hide Plugins That are in Active Collection', it listed PD Space Guitar as the one plugin that was not active inside my Cubase system.

I am hoping that you might have some guidance on this matter so that I can activate this most interesting plugin? I would be most grateful for any assistance you may have in getting this most interesting plugin to work in my Cubase system.

I look forward to your reply.

Best Regards,

Graeme

PDFX

Hi Graeme,
QuoteI downloaded the Zip folder and copied the extracted PD Space Guitar folder into the C:\Progam Files\Common Files\VST3 directory.
Please double check that the extracted folder name is "PD Space Guitar.vst3"
The extensions sometimes are hidden in the explorer view.

QuoteInside Cubase 11, I went through the usual specifications to tell Cubase which directory (folder) the new plugin was to be found

This is a bit strange: Cubase ( and other DAWs) automatically check this common folder.
Don't you have other plugins in C:\Progam Files\Common Files\VST3 ?

The VST3 system has a common  installation path all VST3 hosts comply with. All your 64 bit VST3 plug-ins can be installed there.
The old 32 bit plugins also have a common folder too, you can read the info here:
See https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/115000177084-VST-plug-in-locations-on-Windows

Ok, now assuming that all the above is correct, and space guitar is in the common folder and restarted Cubase ( Cubase looks at startup in the common vst3 folders for updates ).
If the plugin still isn't visible, you can open the plugin manager in Cubase to see what is going on.
 Devices > Plug-in Manager
Please check if the plug is listed, the manufacturercode is PDL
You can also try a manual rescan there, ( option should be under under a cog wheel, if my info is right here)

Now, if the plugin is visible there, there should be some sort of status to it, showing that it usable or not.
If there is such a status, please tell what the status says.
The plugin is an audio effect, which you can select as an insert fx on any track.

-- Paul